The New Media is invading the business environment and bringing significant changes in the way we work, communicate and sell. With this advent, we must constantly adapt to these business entrants to unlock productivity gains and settle for the best.
But what is the New Media? Yes, you got that right.
We are talking about Digital Marketing. Survival of the fittest in the new digital world demands you to strictly step on the path of digital transformation with a concrete strategy to tackle with its strengths and accept the challenges. As new technology, tools and trends emerge, organisations around the world must look forward to accepting the challenges and make the best out of them. This is the reality of digital. It doesn’t just move, it skyrockets, and as technologies continue to evolve, so do customers and organisations.
A Move from Traditional to Digital
There is no denying the fact that the world is swiftly shifting from analogue to digital and embracing this brave new world of digital consumption. In the era, where we are mere puppets in the hands of internet, Digital Marketing plays an enormous role in facilitating revenue growth by generating interest in the targeted group of potential buyers. Whenever it comes to generating interest, advertising comes into the picture. Whether it’s about selling any products or services, marketing and advertising play a crucial role in every sector.
Someone once said, “The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time”.
So, it becomes clear that good advertising does not just circulate information but penetrates the public’s mind with desires and beliefs. But the question here is, how to do advertising?
If you are planning to stick to those old traditional ways of advertising, then you will land nowhere. On order to attain victory and success, one has to adopt the Digital ways of advertising. With media mix and combo strategies ruling the roost, any organization cannot afford to do without digitization.
To make it more precise, let’s have an insight into the benefits that one reaps with digital advertising and marketing:
- Branding: Your brand is the foundation of promise to your customer. It’s important to invest time in researching, defining and building your brand so that your brand gets recognition, generates referrals, adds value, reaches to the audience and provokes them to buy or product or service. All these can be achieved in one go only through digital advertising.
- Targeted Audience: Social media platforms have the ability to target people according to their demographics, lifestyle, behaviour, connections and interests. Who wants more than this? So, create a buyer persona, regardless of whether its paid or not, you are ought to get global audience to your door.
- Return on Investment: Understanding what consumers react to helps you understand how to reach them in a better way so that you can make a momentous impact and maximize your return on investment.
But now the question arises, where does the target group lie? Where do you need to divert your efforts to gain maximum profits?
Here is your answer:
- Mobile Devices: Undoubtedly, mobile is the new wave of air that’s everyone’s inhaling. Here lies your targeted group and thus comes the need of digitization. It’s of utter importance that you adopt all those tactics, that lead you to your audience on mobile. Develop apps, make use of ads, keywords and everything that takes you a step ahead, be it through texts or videos or images, implement, act and achieve.
Having mentioned the location of your target group, it’s time go through the right channels that help you reach your objectives and your targeted group:
- Social Media – With the growing realm of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, one needs to focus on how to be social instead of how to do social. Social Media presence is sure to boost the performance as it helps in getting an immediate review or feedback of the posts and products which in leads to improvement in campaigns. Furthermore, social media tools encourage users to share opinions, participate in discussions and engage with others in real time. thus, it can be the best way to market your brand or company, and connect with your customers.
- Paid Search – Search engines are being used innumerable times by almost everyone. So, through a paid search option, you can be visible to potential customers at the moment they are looking for what you have to offer. The two major players being Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing, but no wonder Google has over 60 percent of the PPC market share. So, get going with the help of Google AdWords’ help centres and guidelines to reach your audience.
- Display Advertising – With uncountable websites, news pages and blogs, the Google Display Network reaches 90% of Internet users worldwide. Unlike text-based ads, it depends on fundamentals such as images, audios and videos which are ought to catch a lot of eyeballs. In addition to this, features like demographics, keywords and remarketing you can choose your audience and engage them.
To sum it up, it becomes crystal-clear that digitization is the need of the hour and cannot be swept under the carpet. So, play well and make the best out of it.