Snapchat has been one of the most used applications among adults especially teens. It is basically serving as a platform to socialise through use of images and multimedia, and not to forget it’s crazy filters.
But here, the interesting fact is that beverage fans are finding snapchatting all the way more refreshing and rejuvenating.
Snapchat provides a way for users to explore as well as show off their favoured beverages.
Below is a list of ways of how they do it:
- Sending snaps and chats of beverage being bought
- Getting info about new beverage brands through contacts’ snaps
- Sending/Receiving snaps while buying one
- Sending/receiving snaps while sipping onto one
Now, let’s have an insight into data, based on US snapchatters, which might draw your attention and develop an urge to match up to it.
- Friends/Family Influence: Snapchatters are 53% more likely to rely on their peers before making a purchase.
- Instinctive Purchases: Due to high-amount of snapchatting, users are 68% more likely to develop a sudden or impulsive desire to purchase.
- Online Dependence: As compared to non-snapchatters, snapchatters are 52% more likely to hinge on online sources in order to make a purchase.
As per the study and observation, it can easily be inferred that the ideology behind snapchatting, to a very large extent, depends upon influencer i.e. how often the target group acts as an influencer for the non-targeted group (this might include people who use social sites just for fun or a way to pass away time) and has a direct influence on their purchasing power. Moreover, the age group ranging between 12-30 are the ones who are quick to adopt new technologies and have an urge to experiment/explore new things, thus giving birth to above statistics.
Fact: A study reveals that 3 out of 4 Snapchatters use Snapchat before, during and after shopping.