Be it an outing with friends, a lavish dinner, or a grand celebration; it will be incomplete without an update going on the social media channels. In today’s time where technology and social media is ruling over the life of people it would not be difficult to say that people are hooked more to know what is happening on social media rather than around them. Another interesting thing is that brands across the world are getting creative to share their journey using interesting Hashtags.
And when it comes to writing the story of a brand; Hashtags play an important role. Adding Hashtags to your story is one of the interesting ways to reach out to your target audience. However, they are used by everyone, but it is equally important to optimize them as per your brand and how can you use the, for your advantage.
Let’s have a look at the points on how to optimize hashtags:
- Choose Hashtags wisely: The best way to choose Hashtags for your business is to find hashtags that you can associate with your brand. Though the chosen hashtags have to be clever in a way that it can be associated with your service with something that people can naturally talk about it.
- Crisp & Short: Another critical aspect is that #Hashtags works well when they are short & clear. Considering, if you are from B2B, then you might go for #SMB or #Marketing. So, limit your hashtags and use short ones because long hashtags are specific, and people are not searching for them.
- The Live Effect: Giving your Live Event updates is the best way to connect with the users and informing them about your event. And industry events usually have lively hashtags that keeps them lively and fun. Joining in these events will help you connect with industry leaders and interested onlookers.
- Creating your own events: By events, it is meant that it can be a contest or a giveaway, an invitation to tour your business or have lunch. So, in these cases it is important to use common and popular hashtags such as #contest #freebie #giveaway #swag.
- Join Chat Sessions: Industry chats that happen on social media channels are a great way to meet influencers and if you join a chat hosted by a competitor, then you can connect with their audience as well. While conversing in a chat, you have to keep in mind that they are not for sales pitch or self- promotion and it will be better to share useful insight that will make people trust you and will also make them look into your business.
- Don’t go overboard: Using too many hashtags is never a good idea. Some people do look it as an opportunity to use as many hashtags as you want, and it will get the attention of the people, but that’s not the case and an ideal practice on social media. So, it’s good to use limited number of hashtags.
So, now that you know how to optimize and use Hashtags for your business it will be more interesting and beneficial to use it in an interesting way.